I'm feeeeelin' it... You??

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Who got it good -- Boyllywood or Hollywood?

Haven't done a totally useless post in a long while..Its high time I better get one done, NOW!!!!!

Alright! Often we have heard the complaints that desi movies/pop videos are churned out in numbers with most tunes being copied/lifted from West to make those uber cool songs.. Now, what came as a surprise to me was the fact that how the West has indeed opted to just use an Indian song without much edits and made the best of both worlds..This original score song - Khaliyon Ka Chaaman (ironically, the music for this song was composed by the infamous "lifter aka copy cat" Bappi Lahari, I guess??)- was used by Dr. Dre for his video "Addictive" by the artist Truth Hurts as an interlude. Boy! it was an instant hit in the clubs for a while and am still hearing it occasionally at the Indian party circles..FYI, for those of you who don't know, the artist in the Indian version is Meghna Naidu.. HOTTTTTTT!

Now, I'll let you be the judge to rate who is the best (Hollywood Vs Bollywood) when it comes to Pelvic Gyrations .. I thought the West was good but until I saw this one ..



Now, you gotta agree that the Indians look farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr more appealing/ravishing/stunning/inviting, etc, etc., to me (not biased here becos I'm a desi) than the ones on the video below .. There is something to this Indian video - it reaches out to tingle the sensual side of the viewer..Its Simple, elegant and suave compared to the rough edged, rapping western version shown below..Do you agree?? In any case, its hip shaking at its best..And me wondering how cool would it be to see some of Rakim's Rapping mixed up in the Indian Version (can't even imagine someone like Baba Shegal doing what Rakim does).. Remember, you can both videos simultaneously and it makes it easy for you to compare..Enjoy!

posted by GeronimoThrust at 4:32 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home